Dubai – MENA Herald: The World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE), a leading international initiative driving innovation and collaboration in education, has revealed the names of the five projects that will join the 2015-2016 WISE Accelerator Program.
Launched in 2014, the Accelerator is designed to support the development of young, innovative projects with high potential for scalability and positive impact in the field of education. Selected projects benefit from a yearlong mentorship program tailored to address their specific needs. The WISE Accelerator also serves as an intermediary to connect these projects with an international network that creates opportunities to share knowledge and find support from donors and investors.
Since its inauguration, the WISE Accelerator program has been dedicated to support education projects from different regions and sectors that are using or designing technology to address education challenges.
The 2015-2016 cohort of five new projects will officially join the WISE Accelerator at the WISE Summit November 3-5, 2015 in Doha, where they will be invited to take part in specific workshops and be offered unique networking opportunities.
The selected projects for the 2015-2016 WISE Accelerator program are:
- eduTechnoz (Canada/MENA): a portal providing educational content such as online games, eBooks and Interactive worksheets enabling users to teach and learn Arabic in a fun and effective manner.
- MGCubed (Ghana): a project aiming at improving the overall education standards of girls and address the challenges of teacher quality, teacher absenteeism and poor student learning by using cutting edge technology allowing real-time two-way interactive distance learning in deprived schools in Ghana. https://www.varkeyfoundation.org/content/making-ghanaian-girls-great
- Kepler (Rwanda): a new kind of university giving access to an ultra low-cost US accredited degree by combining free world-class online courses with in-person seminars, coaching and intensive education-to-employment support.
- Maths Curriculum Online (South Africa): a cloud-based online platform implementing the Maths Curriculum for grades 1-9, offering maths exercises, instant feedback on answers to the learners, tracking their individual progress throughout the year and enabling teachers to make data-informed decisions.
- TeachPitch (UK): a cloud-based learning platform that helps teachers and schools, constantly constrained for time, identify, save and rate the best online resources available, as well as share learning resources worldwide.