Dubai – MENA Herald: Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Centre for Cultural Understanding (SMCCU) will host an award ceremony on Wednesday 2nd December to honour 24 young student-artists at the 4th annual “Treasure of UAE” Art Competition 2015 in the historic Al Fahidi Distict Dubai. Young artists between ages 7- 18 years old were asked to submit original current art work depicting one of the historic landmark across the UAE. More than 50 schools participated this year. Winners will be selected by prominent regional artists from the Emirates Fine Arts Society and selected artworks will be displayed during the ‘Treasures of the UAE Art Exhibition’ at SMCCU’s bespoke traditional heritage house in the Historic Al Fahidi District of Dubai from 2nd December 2015 to 2nd January 2016. The winning artworks will also be featured at ‘Treasures of the UAE’ 2016 Calendar, and each month on SMCCU’s website. This year the event is sponsored by Nestle, Yas Water World Abu Dhabi and Emirates Fine Art Society. Mr. Nasif Kayed, Managing Director, SMCCU, said: “UAE’s historic monuments and landscapes stand here to remind us of our roots, traditions and the UAE’s great history. This initiative strives to uncover a new interpretation of these historical landmarks from the next generation residing in the UAE, encouraging creativity combined with historic knowledge.” The winners will receive fabulous prizes worth up to AED 1,000 and a voucher from SMCCU for a complimentary ‘Cultural Lunch Experience’ for two. Operating under the centre’s philosophy and motto “Open Doors. Open Minds.” the centre strives to raise awareness and demystify the local culture, customs and religion of the United Arab Emirates. With the opportunity of this occasion SMCCU will host guests to an Emirati cultural meal and explanation of the traditions surrounding food and honoring guests. The meal will be followed by a visit to the historic Diwan Mosque, where the Managing Director, Nasif Kayed, will explain the significance of the mosque in the daily lives of Emiratis and Muslims worldwide. For further information on the Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Centre for Cultural Understanding and the Cultural please contact: Phone: +971 4 353 6666 Fax: +971 4 353 6661 Social media handlers: @SmccuDubai Email: email@example.com Website: www.cultures.ae Address: House 26, Al Mussallah Road, Al Fahidi District, Bur Dubai For Group Bookings: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For Schools & Universities: Email: email@example.com Office hours are Sunday through Thursday from 9am to 5pm, and Saturday from 9am to 1pm.
- 2016 Edition of World Franchise Forum & Expo to be held in DubaiMonday 8, February 2016
- Masdar Institute’s Expanding Solar Research Featured through Record 15 AbstractsSaturday 7, November 2015
- Siemens shows tech for smart buildings and critical infrastructure security at Intersec 2017Thursday 19, January 2017
- Al-Futtaim Motors sets up hybrid discovery area at CITY WALKThursday 19, January 2017
- ETIHAD AIRWAYS GOES DOUBLE DAILY TO DÜSSELDORFThursday 19, January 2017
- ADNOC and Masdar’s Carbon Capture Facility Holds Key to Limiting Industrial CO2 EmissionsThursday 19, January 2017
- DEWA launches Rammas artifcial intelligence service on Facebook pageThursday 19, January 2017