Dubai – MENA Herald: In a ground-breaking deal, OSN, the region’s leading pay-TV network, announced its lifetime, exclusive broadcast and distribution rights of the much anticipated series, Kösem Sultan, which will mark its exclusive premiere on OSN Ya Hala HD on January 3, 2016. The long-term agreement underlines OSN’s commitment to ensuring that its subscribers have first and exclusive access to the biggest shows.
Kösem Sultan is a spin-off of the popular Hareem Al Sultan, which recorded the highest viewership among all Arabic and Turkish series since its premiere on OSN. The highly anticipated series is set in the early 17th century, 50 years after the death of Sultan Sulaiman in Hareem Al Sultan.
Award winning actress Beren Saat plays the role of Kösem Sultan. Adored for her charm and radiance, she is known for her role in Ishq Mamnoua.
Khulud Abu Homos, Executive Vice President – Programming & Creative Services of OSN, said: “This is a momentous partnership that gives OSN exclusive rights to one of the most-talked about series of all time, further reinforcing our primary commitment as the leading entertainment platform. We provide the best of Arabic and Turkish series and movies the region has to offer, highlighted by the success of Hareem Al Sultan.
“The attention to details and a compelling story-line add up to make Kösem Sultan one of the most-awaited productions. The show will be available with English subtitles owing to popular demand so everyone can enjoy this fantastic drama series.”
Kösem Sultan, created by the makers of the acclaimed Hareem Al Sultan, was produced after a year and a half long period of preparations, meticulous work on every detail from décors and costumes to music. It disentangles the life of Kösem with years spent in key positions of the dynasty and the state, while shedding light on her personal side – the love, power struggles, great victories and overwhelming defeats.
Kösem Sultan will premiere on January 3, 2016, at 9pm KSA, only on OSN Ya Hala HD. Viewers can also watch the series ‘On Demand’ on OSN Plus HD, or catch up on OSN Play anytime, anywhere – subtitled in English.
For the detailed schedule, please log on to: www.osn.com
Kösem Sultan Production Details:
• Vocals recorded by American singer Azam Ali who has performed vocals in world renowned productions including Matrix Revolutions, True Blood, Prison Break and The Fight Club.
• For Kösem Sultan, aside from the 11,500 square metre indoor set, a giant city of 29,625 square metres was built in Hadımköy
• The city set includes mainly the Topkapı Palace, the two entrances of the palace, the Old Palace, Janissary Guild, caravanserai, harbour, coffee houses and Foreigners’ Bazaar. The era of Kösem Sultan will be relived in this almost real life like city set.
• Total length of materials used in the preparation of the costumes for Magnificent Century Kösem is 10 kilometers
• 30 recordings were made with the Prague Philharmonic Orchestrate conducted by Adam Klemens
• 350 people worked in the building of the big city set
• There were 600 VFX sequences in the first episode
• 700 costumes were prepared for only the first episode
• 800 tiaras, headdresses and hats were prepared
• 3,000 actors were interviewed domestically and abroad during the casting
• 11,500 square metres – indoor area measure of the city set was built
• 29,625 square metres – outdoor area measure of the city set built