Dubai – MENA Herald: The World Government Summit has been praised by Twitter, for bringing the global event alive by hosting a global conversation on the online platform.
On its blog https://blog.twitter.com/2016/how-the-world-government-summit-unfolded-on-twitter-0 Twitter praised the summit for deploying best communications practices throughout the event, “from raising awareness for the event, to live coverage and Twitter content creation during the event, to concluding the summit with only-on-Twitter government announcements.”
In an unprecedented only-on-Twitter moment at the Summit, H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid A; Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai @HHShkMohd announced the largest restructure of the UAE cabinet in the history of the country through a series of Tweets.
Twitter was live and at the center of the summit, with many types of integrations:
• A large hashtag on display at the venue
• A social wall displaying a live stream of Tweets, in addition to infographics and data visualization on how the conversation unfolded on Twitter
• A heat map showcasing how the #WorldGovSummit trended globally
• An auto-responder sharing the day’s agenda of the summit when you Tweet #WGSAgenda
• Dedicated teams on the ground live Tweeting from summit sessions
Kinda Ibrahim, who authored the Twitter blog said: “These were world class use cases of how live and conversational communication can reach a global audience.”
A custom poll was also used throughout the summit, soliciting input from the global Twitter audience on a topic about which announcements were made at the end of the summit.