Dubai – MENA Herald: Dubai Summer Surprises (DSS) will take its final bow today (Saturday, 20 August) after a 43-day citywide celebration featuring great events, rewarding deals and family fun that spread cheer and happiness among residents and visitors.
Organised by the Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), an agency of the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism), DSS 2016 transformed the city into a cool and fun summer oasis for the whole family with an exciting line-up of events and activities including shows by world famous cartoon characters, activations featuring global brands and products, and unique dining and shopping promotions, offering prizes and even more surprises.
With numerous retail promotions offering fabulous prizes including one offering shoppers the chance to win 12 Infiniti Q50 cars, and unbeatable deal and discounts up to 75 % on an array of merchandise in malls citywide, DSS contributed towards boosting the city’s retail sector this summer season.
On the entertainment front, the DSS 2016 highlights included The Gruffalo Adventure and Save Our Summer at The Dubai Mall; Alvin & The Chipmunks Live on Stage at Mall of the Emirates, City Centre Mirdif and City Centre Deira; Mercado Circus Fiesta at Mercato; ‘Barbie You Can Be An Athlete’ experience, Trash Pack Live Show and Workshop, and Hasbro Games, all at Dragon Mart 2; Miss Fortune Circus; Lego Friends Workshops and My Little Pony Live Show & Beauty Corner, all at Ibn Battuta Mall; Bricks at BOXPARK; The Jungle Book at CITY WALK; and Angry Birds: Splat That! at Dubai Festival City Mall.
Below are captions for some photos encapsulating the ‘Own The Summer ‘ theme of DSS 2016:
1. Summer is fun with the Chipmunks…. The popular Alvin and the Chipmunks show is hosted in City Centre Mirdif, City Centre Deira City Centre and Mall of the Emirates
2. Global entertainment characters in Dubai….. The iconic Angry Birds in Dubai Festival City Mall from 10 – 19 July, 2016
3. ‘Barbie You Can Be An Athlete’ experience was a big hit with children at Dragon Mart 2 from 11 – 20 August, 2016.
4. Memorable moments from the thrilling Beijing Chinese Circus, hosted at Mercato from 9 – 16 July, 2016.
5. Young ones got an immersive experience with the exciting Bricks at BOXPARK, hosted from 6 July to 20 August, 2016.
6. A captivated audience are drawn to the Latino Circus, hosted at Mercato from 18 – 30 July, 2016.
7. 12 Infiniti cars were up for grabs…DSS offered rewarding experiences such as the ‘Shop & Win’ promotion at participating malls.
8. Beat the heat…DSS transformed the summer into a cool oasis with icy treats from the popsicle pop ups
9. Artistes drawing candy at a Sugar Painting Workshop held at Dragon Mart 2, from 21 – 30 July, 2016.
10. Kids participating in the super fun Lego Friends Workshops, hosted at Ibn Battuta Mall from 28 July to 6 August, 2016.
11. Roaming artists spread cheer at malls during DSS 2016
12. Visitors experience fun-filled performances at the Miss Fortune Circus, hosted by Ibn Battuta Mall from 11 – 20 August, 2016
13. Large crowds watch the loveable My Little Pony Live Show, hosted by Ibn Battuta Mall from 15 – 25 July, 2016.
14. Shoppers scout retail outlets in the malls to grab the best deals during DSS 2016
15. DSS visitors make the most of the exclusive DSS offers and hefty discounts
16. Thrilling moments for kids at The Gruffalo Adventure – hosted at The Dubai Mall from 11 – 17 July, 2016.
17. Wild adventures for young ones at The Jungle Book, held at CITY WALK from 14 July to 20 August, 2016.
18. The Trash Pack Live Show and Workshop, the only one of its kind in the region, was hosted by Dragon Mart 2 from 28 July to 10 August 2016.
For more information, go to: www.dubaisummersurprises.com and to participate in the DSS extravaganza, be sure to use the hashtag #DubaiSummerSurprises on the following social media channels:
Instagram – DSSsocial
Snapchat – DSSsocial